David Smith Home
Technical Writing Services
James David Smith can produce the technical manuals and guides you need to satisfy your customers, safety organizations (UL, CSA, TUV, etc.), and your own best-practice requirements.
New or revised products typically need the following documentation:
- Operating Notes. Includes descriptions and explanations of user-accessible functions, helpful tips, liability disclaimers, safety certification statements, and misuse warnings. In some cases, this manual also includes a rudimentary troubleshooting guide.
- Getting Started or Quick Start Guide. The best way to ensure users are on the right track from the moment they open your product packaging or take delivery. This guide is as brief as possible, providing a fast track to user gratification.
For Service and Support Personnel:
- System Flowcharts and Advanced Troubleshooting Guide. Help your service personnel find the source of problems quickly, reducing service and support costs.
- Service Manual. Complete schematics, circuit board layouts, bill of materials (parts list), circuit descriptions, and logic explanations. May also include firmware listings and/or detailed firmware flowcharts.
For Safety Certification Submissions:
- Most submissions to UL, CSA, and TUV also require documentation of prior component certifications, and arguments for unusual or previously untested application techniques.
James David Smith also prepares documents for Canadian government technology grants, loans, and tax credits:
- Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP) project proposals.
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SRED) technology reports for tax filings (Attachment to Form T661 E).
Email James David Smith and get started producing the documents you need at a cost you can afford.